Sunday, April 10, 2016

SERMON NOTES (Apr 10, 2016): Beyond- Eph 3:20-21


Beyond
Ephesians 3:20-21
Intro.  Definition of Hyperactivity: Having behavior characterized by constant over-activity.
Beyond is the “Hyper”Active Work of God
Hyper Panta- More than everything we could ask
Hyper Ekperissou- More than extravagantly answered
KEY: Based on the DYNAMIC power at work within us: Acts 1:8
So many Christians live such a subnormal Christian life that when they live a NORMAL Christian life, people think they are abnormal.
I.                    Beyond Me to My Group (Deut 12)
8 “You shall not do at all what we are doing here today, every man doing whatever is right in his own eyes; 9 for you have not as yet come to the resting place and the inheritance which the Lord your God is giving you. 10 When you cross the Jordan and live in the land which the Lord your God is giving you to inherit, and He gives you rest from all your enemies around you so that you live in security, 11 then it shall come about that the place in which the Lord your God will choose for His name to dwell, there you shall bring all that I command you: your burnt offerings and your sacrifices, your tithes and the contribution of your hand, and all your choice votive offerings which you will vow to the Lord. 12 And you shall rejoice before the Lord your God, you and your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, and the Levite who is within your gates, since he has no portion or inheritance with you.

28 “Be careful to listen to all these words which I command you, so that it may be well with you and your sons after you forever, for you will be doing what is good and right in the sight of the Lord your God.
2 Chr 7:13-14
13 If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, 14 and My people [d]who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Mal 3:10-12
10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows. 11 Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground; nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes,” says the Lord of hosts. 12 “All the nations will call you blessed, for you shall be a delightful land,” says the Lord of hosts.

Tithing & Cooperative Program- The Training Wheels for Generosity, introduction to discipleship 101- Not Tithing is a Sin
Hyperactive Blessing, Supernatural Community, God’s Territory  

II.                  Beyond Us to My Georgia (Rom 15:24-29)
whenever I go to Spain—for I hope to see you in passing, and to be helped on my way there by you, when I have first enjoyed your company for a while— 25 but now, I am going to Jerusalem serving the saints. 26 For Macedonia and Achaia have been pleased to make a contribution for the poor among the saints in Jerusalem. 27 Yes, they were pleased to do so, and they are indebted to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in their spiritual things, they are indebted to minister to them also in material things. 28 Therefore, when I have finished this, and have put my seal on this fruit of theirs, I will go on by way of you to Spain. 29 I know that when I come to you, I will come in the fullness of the blessing of Christ.
Ill. Association with Sister Churches
-          Mountaintown Baptist Association (2015 records)
o   35 baptisms in 12 churches (4146 members)
o   $187,727 CP out of $2.8 mill. offerings
Hyperactive Blessing, Inter-Fellowship of Churches
-          Georgia, CP paid for:
o   516 salvations in tent ministry
o   1,000+ salvations in youth ministry evangelism events
o   130 salvations through summer stud miss
o   72 kids at Kaleo saved
o   1,203 salvations on college campuses BCM
o   15 Hispanic women at WMU events saved

o   153 Summer missionaries with BCM, 35 summer student missionaries, 728 Disaster Relief workers, 1,442 VBS workers trained resulting in 5,217 salvations
III.                Beyond Georgia to My Globe (Acts 1:8)
Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria & Uttermost Parts
Hyperactive Blessing, Spiritual Power to Witness - Dynamic
                   Missions Experience in Russia

IV.                Beyond Now to My Next Generation (2 Tim 2:2)
Faithful men, who will be able to teach others also

Acts 19:8 And he entered the synagogue and continued speaking out boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God. 9 But when some were becoming hardened and disobedient, speaking evil of the Way before the people, he withdrew from them and took away the disciples, reasoning daily in the school of Tyrannus. 10 This took place for two years, so that all who lived in Asia heard the word of the Lord, both Jews and Greeks.
Multi-Generational Future
Hyperactive Blessing, Plurality, Planning
Importance of having a secured place for discipleship: This building, this program for the future.

No comments:


4 C's of the Cooperative Program - by Buck Burch

(Reprinted from The Christian Index: https://christianindex.org/stories/commentary-four-cs-of-the-cooperative-program,63306) T o put mysel...